U.F.O. (Unavoidable Family Outing)

As the sun peaked over the hills behind our house, dad climbed into the front seat of our RV and the trip to the airport was defiantly going to be a long one. With us kids already arguing about which bed we were going to sleep in.
On the way to the airport we stopped about 5 times just to let Zali go to the toilet and watch a bunny run down the footpath. Finally we arrived at the airport to find out we missed our flight. “The next flight will be tomorrow at 5:30am check in, the flight will leave at 6:00am” explained the lady. “Will you pay for our camping spot because of this” asked Dad. “No sorry”, she said
“Let’s go kids” grunted dad.
The night was a long one. In the morning we were the only ones on the plane. When we got to Sydney we went straight to our Aunties wedding, she got married to John Howard, how embarrassing! Every thing you could possibly think of went wrong, she fell in the cake, the priest fainted and her wedding was on the Sydney Harbour Bridge and it just happened to be the Sydney Harbour Bridge's 100th birthday, so you could just imagine how loud it was!
Our family was invited to go on their honey moon. Of course mum said yes!
We caught the train to Uluru. When we got there we climbed it. Zali and Zac were too young to climb it so they stayed in child care which cost mum and dad a lot of money.
The next day we travelled to Queensland. This was our last stop. On our first day it felt like 100 degrees. As we went to Movie World, Zali and Zac were too young to go on most of the rides so it wasn't very fun for them. We were going to go to Dream World but we ran out of money, we didn't even have enough money to get a flight home. We had to raise some money.
Dad and Mum sang, we played the music, none of us were musical and it sounded really bad, how embarrassing! We met a person called Emily Belbin she played the bass guitar. She was green and looked like an alien. It was our last day in Queensland. We had raised enough money to get home. But not enough money to bring our RV with us.
We landed in Launceston. For the trip home we hired a car that looked like a bomb. We all slept in the car except for me. I finally saw my nice warm bed through the window of our house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!