Never Give Up

Life isn't what you'd think it'd be. Everyone has a different beginning and a different ending. My life used to not be so normal compared to other children. I was born differently and because of it I was despised by all. Some called me a menace to society, a being which should not exist in this world, one who has been born of pure insignificance but I was always known as a demon.
I don't know who my parents were and I never thought I ever would. It always made me feel uncomfortable when I thought about how my life would turn out without the guidance of my own flesh and blood. To help lead me into the right directions of this complicated maze known to everyone as life. Maybe what everyone said about me was right, I wasn't from this world and maybe I shouldn't be here at all.
I used to think my purpose in life would fulfill nothing, it might not have even meant anything at all. It was always hard to walk around in the streets every night. Adults sought to glare at me, looking at me with contempt filled in their eyes. Children moving away from me as if I was some sort of contagious pest that would inflict a disease upon anyone around me. It was hard making friends as well, in fact it was even harder to talk to someone or at least take a glimpse at someone’s appearance without their heads automatically turning anywhere but to my direction.
Being alone in my experience was the worst kind of pain I could ever have imagined to exist. I would've preferred 1,000 slow and torturous cuts to my body. The feelings that accompany the solemness of being alone is one of many. That one word has done so much to some people that it has even caused them to consider taking their own life as an escape route from this hellish world. A world where utilizing the five senses of the human body just to know that you exist would be rendered useless, a world of equivalence to that of being dead except there is no light and that you aren't carried to eternal bliss. Only shadows that place walls of ignorance around you and feelings that only cause pain, anguish and sadness exist in this fantasy world full of solitude.
There is however a way out of there, once you're out nothing can stop you at going for life's greatest leisure's. These three words might not mean much to others but to some it's the fuel that drives them to soar high and break through life's greatest obstacles. Never. Give. Up. If you keep those words with you at all times it can do so much. It will be the explorer that finds and pieces together the lost puzzle pieces of your heart. Never giving up is something that many use to get out of situations that are overwhelming turning them into trivial matters. I never gave up and soon enough I found my hope, my destiny. With the help of others, people started to understand me and what was inside me that made everyone despise me was now a distant memory.
I could finally feel like I belonged to this world and that I was loved for being just me. In that world of solitude there always will be light somewhere. Light and darkness are two sides of the same coin, one needing another. If you never give up and dig through even the tiniest of light can mean so much.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!