I Can Do This!

"Why hasn't my dream been answered, I've been wishing on a wishing star for 3 months now! I'm so mad!" Hansel wrote in his diary.

"Hi! my name is Hansel and I'm fifteen years old, I have two sisters that I live with and my Aunt Chelsie. my sisters and i were orphanages and when we got adopted by Aunt Chelsie, we were thrilled!

Vanellope is 16 and is an actress, she's earned thousands, probably millions of dollars. She;s so talented. She was awarded the best actress of 2013.

Gretle, who is 14 was like her big sister, talented and successful. She was a model and was truly beautiful. Sometimes i wish i could be like her.

ME? You don't have to ask, i am not pretty nor successful. The only thing i'm good at is dreaming, but you don't get prizes for that, you get suspensions and detentions.

I dream heaps, i dream that i could be a Hollywood star, I dream that i coud be rish and handsome. But I have none of that. Everyday i just stare at the T.V and wish that could be me someday.
I just wait...and wait..and wait until an opportunity arises,but I know that'll never happen, I honestly don't get it!!! I'm 15 and ready to take on the world.

My sister knocks on the door and she comes in, she sees me in tears and runs to comfort me. "What's wrong?" Gretle asks me, but I didn't want to burden her with my troubles, plus she's so beautiful, she wouldn't understand. "Nothing... just school stuff" I fibb.
"Want to talk about it?"
"Naaaa" She hugs me tight and says "If you ever need someone to talk to, you know i'm always here. She kisses my cheek and then leaves my room in a polite manner. I felt a bit flustered, why would someone so perfect care abut her big brother?

But once she leaves, I open my mahogany drawer and rummage for my blades. As I was about to fill myself with pain. Aunt Chelsie knocks on my door. I sigh, knowing she'll find out my secret. She opens the door and gasps, her mouth is gaping and her eyes are as big as saucers. She runs to me overflowing with tears, she takes away my blades and asks "Why?, Why?, why would you do this?
"You don't understand?
"You're right I don't, so tell me"
"My scars are fading, I feel empty without
them"
"I don't get it Hansel, so many people love and care for you"
"Do they love me?, Or do they pity me?"
"Did you want to die" Changing the subject.
"Nobody wants to die"
"Then why did you do it"
"To stop the pain"
"What pain?"
"I feel ugly, pathetic, useless, hopeless, hideous,unwant..
"Hansel, you are perfect the way you are, God created you and he NEVER EVER makes mistakes. I love you, your sisters love you, your friends love you and most importantly, God loves you.If you can dream it, you can achieve it, so instead of giving reasons on why you can't do it, give reasons on why you can!!! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! Stop comparing your life to others and start living your own, go out there and never have regrets because in life we only regret the chances we didn't take."

"In this life, we cannot always do great things, but we can do small things with great love. ~Mother Theresa

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!