Dance In France

Bring bring (school bell rings). I sprint out of class and I ran outside and got picked up by my mum. ‘Hello Melaina, how was school today?’ my mum asked. I replied and said ‘yeah not bad but the same as usual boring maths, science and the only good things were woodwork and PE.’All mum was going on about was how this person, I don’t know the rest but oh well. Finally I arrived home and packed my bag and food. I got back in the car and went to dance. My baby kitten Annabelle was in the car too. She is so adorable with white fur and blue eyes!



I raced in to dance class because if your even seconds late my teacher Miss Matters will probably roast you in the oven and eat you. However she is still the best teacher in the world! We have this huge showcase coming up. I got a really funky dance that people love but every person who dances it always…………………....



Well I don’t know what happens to them but I hope that it’s something amazing.



It was one week before the big showcase so I looked for a costume at some shop that had weird but pretty clothes. I bought a black frilly skirt, blue shirt, a bedazzled headband and black and white shoes. I tried it on and it looked perfect for the dance, so I bought it. I practiced and practiced and practiced until it was just right. After three days the magic happened, I got it right on time with the music and I got the chore right.



It was the day before the showcase and I was so excited so I couldn’t go to sleep. I tossed and turned but I just couldn’t. I tried a few things like reading this boaring book about pictures, listen to some nice soft music and a heap of other things. The weird thing was that the thing that actually worked was when I just closed my eyes and cleared my mind blank.



I woke up at six am and got ready for school and I got in the car with my mum and Annabelle. It was one day until I had to perform but for some reason I could just relax and not worry. I usually worry and almost have a panic attack just not this time. School flew by but dance didn’t. It was very strange.



I eventually fell asleep because the day was over but next was showcase time. I went through the same process as yesterday up until dance. My mum picked me up as normal and took me to dance school. I practice my dance with my costume because tonight was the big nit. Everyone practice so hard and made last minute changes. It was time, two minutes until my performance. It was the moment I got on stage everything just changed like that. I did the dance perfectly well but the second after that I couldn’t stop. I danced and danced and danced until……………………………



My brain stopped working my heart stopped beating, when I fell down and DIED.



And that is what happens to people who do is deadly dance, or is it?!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!