I Forgive

I gasped for air, my heart pounded a jarring beat inside me. Trembling, I crept forward to grab it, but lost my nerve and huddled back into my darkened silence, trembling at the thought of what lurked in the darkness beyond my cell Shakily, I glanced down at my hands, my wrists were slippery with blood where the chains had dug in after endless days of struggling to break free of my bonds. All I had to do was reach the gun on the table, then I could finish it, end my suffering, slip away into the darkness unnoticed. No such luck. I was trapped, doomed to be tormented by my captors until they finally disposed of me, moved on to another wretched soul, waiting in the cell beside me, dreading the inevitable. They come to my room at night, shrouded in darkness,no mercy, no remorse, trained to prolong suffering, to ignore pleas, to kill. I knew that they would come tonight, Thumping down the corridor, arriving in my room, the rest was a blur. Blood, pain, screams of my dead family echoing in my ears, reminding me. I know my fate, and I welcome death, I know what I am now, and as my tormentors walk down the corridor I turn, a smile playing on my lips as I hear the safety catch on a gun. An explosion ricochets around my tiny concrete cell. and it is finished, it is done, I am no longer a person, but a body, a victim. But I am free now, and as the darkness closes in, I forgive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!