Black Silhouette

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

The wind whipped around the corner, moaning and warning me that he was coming. I ran down the shadowy alleyway screaming in terror as I felt the force of his wind lashing at the skin on my back. Black tendrils of smoke began to form a black silhouette of a figure in front of my eyes.
“There’s no more running from here.” He rolled the words around in his mouth and then spat them out in his foreign accent.
“I-I…” I broke off as a force gripped my neck, him creating the hallucination of nails digging into my flesh.
“Please listen! I can repay you!” I tried to gasp in air as the grip tightened around my neck.
“One. More. Chance.” He spat through his accent. The force pulled down from my neck and I inhaled frantically, the air not coming back. I held my throat as it burned for air and collapsed on the ground onto my knees.
Falling... The black swallowed me whole as my eyes rolled back into my head...
I gasped as I awoke, lying face down on my pillow. It must have been stopping me from breathing while I was asleep. I slumped into my bed and wiped a droplet from my sweat glazed face. The dream had seemed so vivid … The feeling that had gripped my body had created an illusion of such terror that no dream could create. As these thoughts crossed my mind, a faint swishing noise came from my window. I looked out, noticing the mist pouring through the small crack, that the window was opened too. I felt something grab me from behind, the echo of my piercing scream the last evidence of my remains.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!