The Scary Skateboard

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

I was on my skateboard when I saw a leg on my skateboard, “oh whoops” it was just my leg, now where was I? Let’s carry on with my imagination, so I was on my skateboard and I saw an alien leg and it was alive. Then I saw more and more and more and there was an eye and lots more. Then suddenly - bang! What was that?
The skateboard came out from underneath me, and it ran away with all its legs. I couldn't keep up, and I was eager to see where it had gone. I was terrified, what had happened to my skateboard? Then we saw a spooky haunted house we said “do not go in there little boy” and he said “whose house is this? Is it your house?” I responded “no way, is it yours?” The boy said “yes it is.” Suddenly… “What are you doing?” He turned into an alien, and then my skateboard went with him too. “Let’s go in the haunted house” every body said “yes.” When they got in there, we thought this is not scary. When we got near to the end, there were aliens making the skateboards into themselves. “What company is this?” “Is this an alien attack room or something? I wish I was alive like ever body else oh wait I am alive!” Lucky I am alive, but I wish I was alive, alive. Do you get it? So should I kill my skateboard and ever body else’s skateboard? Now this is the fun part. I wish I could be a super hero and kill all the aliens so I would get lots of money. Ok now I can do anything because I have super powers so let’s go save the world. I wish I could be flying so I can see now I need to go. I need to save the world in time.
I know I am not meant to eat chewing gum, but I have an idea! Quick I called my sister we went to the shops and grabbed all the gum we could afford. We stuck it on every intersection and every pedestrian. We hid!
When night fell, and the dogs stopped barking, and babies stopped screaming, the aliens re-emerged to cause havoc! But we were ready.
Station one stuck, station 2 stuck, and station 3 stuck, sticky gluey gum making the aliens powerless to move.
“How many Maddy?” “1000 aliens captured, and there at station gum 200 was my skateboard!”
I ran to my board and was careful, as the aliens, although dizzy from their gluey form were still alive.
Maddy, my sister got a stick and we lifted the board up and POP, it became unstuck! My alien board was now back to normal and I jumped on it and guess what - the board was able to fly!! But I stopped it by jumping, it was actually really fun. The next day I was going to church. It was really fun because we played 12 games. Unfortunately there was an attack by aliens as usual, so we went to the shop and saw mum's friend. My friend was there too. She had the exact same skateboard as mine. I came up to her in a very angry way and said "is that mine?” she said “yes I think so I found it at school." “Can I have it back please?” but she said "finders keepers” I told my mum. Then BANG what was that?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!