The Story Of The Vanilla Bean

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

A long time ago, there was a giant vanilla bean. The vanilla bean grew in a big garden with lots of fruit and vegetables. The person who owned the garden was named Mr Garden. Mr Garden loved his vanilla bean.

One day Mr Garden got a letter. When he opened it, he read it. It  said, "Dear Mr Garden, you have won a long holiday to Africa. From your friend Miss Tub."

"How exciting," said Mr Garden. But then he thought of his vanilla bean. "Who will water it and feed it?" So Mr Garden asked his neighbour Mr Donkey. So the next day Mr Garden went to visit Mr Donkey. "Hi Mr Donkey, could you water and feed my vanilla bean when I am gone next week?" asked Mr Garden.

"Of course I can do that and I will collect your mail and give it to you when you are back," said Mr Donkey. "Thank you, " said Mr Garden. The very next week a taxi came to pick up Mr Garden. "Goodbye plant," said Mr Garden and then he left.

Then a month later, the vanilla bean was so so so so big and Mr Garden was going to come back in one minute...Suddenly, there was a sound at the door. It was Mr Garden. Then Mr Garden shared his vanilla bean with his friends. The left over bits were put in a village museum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!