Gloom

Gloom

Through unholy darkness of a single room of mounted space, bewitched majestic over powers gloom.

Open space used not at all. Wasted away on dust, grime and small minded mice that come across the room.

Invented on wooden floor creaking with recent embers from bored children and drunken adolescents which pass through.

I still remember.

There's a chair, small, mindless wood weakened with every thump of its legs across the dense floor. Where strangers of all kinds have stepped across with rushing feet to get to where their minds must be.

The chair of wood engraved with the good sketch of forgotten times of mentioned mimes.

On top of the weakened chair there sits a figure of broken glass shattered apart. Skin pale failed to show to glaring sight what she wished to. But blindly showing slight sorrow.

Curled up in a ball knees to weakened chest of bones sticking out unlike the rest. Through both windows of rust and still glaring through struggles light. Every thing blurred but her in the centre in the chair.

Almost showing resemblance to a photograph of edited perfection. As the sight is mere perfection. The single lights from both ends of the unused space in the place of unwanted attention.

Arms embraced around the knees I mention.

Limp, weak, sleek and yet though showing hunger through colour bone that it shows.

No immorals is shown, but embraced sadness unlucky sown stitched into perplexed forever lonesome moans, but through admiring determination in eyes ablaze to keep awake. As the small lonesome figure stays perched on the chair in gloomy unwanted, unused space.

The main defining thing about the acre of darkness, the one theme bringing it out ablaze. Basing around all its superficial raving glory. One weakened figure perched on the chair slightly charismatic. Yet so small but yet, also huge, so tall. Light from still rusted windows shining sun through onto her pitted picture.

Embracing her mistrusted weakened figure. Showing expressing through age of a light expiring from view unseen In mounted gloom onto some now fearless figure. Unworthy of the glory of the picture.

Expressing little minded figure yet so huge, light gliding onto her in the centre of the gloomy picture.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!