Ted, The Flag Boy

Ted was a poor boy that was 20 years old and couldn’t afford anything or to be friends with any one. He didn’t go to school and didn’t know anything at all and to make matters worse, he sold torn and raged flags for a living on the streets in England by himself for almost his whole life. It was tragic, day after day attempting to sell the flags and hoping someone would buy one but in reality, nobody would come near him and the streets were getting empty, dark and cruel by every second of the day. After his patients, a strange man came up to him and exclaimed that his name was Alton and that he was the king of a place up north that Ted hadn’t been to. Alton said in a silent ‘There after me’ but he didn’t mention who. He carefully handed me keys for his palace and said ‘take my place and go quickly.’ Ted was confused but did what he was told. It was a long travel north, soon he found a castle that lied in thick healthy fields that roamed around the castle. It was the most significant view that Ted had saw in ages. He entered the castle and looked around him. He had all sorts of feelings flowing around his head like speechless, amazed and above all he felt like he actually ment something. He walked step by step while he was distracted by the paintings on the roof. He wanted to thank Alton but Alton left and was far away from Ted. He loved the castle and sure there was some small amounts of dust here and there but everything was shimmering and sparkling and dazzling. Right after he thought everything wouldn’t be boring or dull, he was going to fall asleep until the maid told him to read the royal book of rules so he did. After a few years of being a thoughtful king of England, a guard came sprinting towards to the room and said in a brave tone, ‘sir, someone is trying to attack from all sides and boarders of the castle, the enemy will not stop until we parish.’ This didn’t sound fierce but one the king looked out the window, guards fell down one by one and everything went wrong. The king requested backup of 4000 soldiers but after 6 minutes there were 200 left. The king refused to be defeated so he sent more and more and more but only a few seemed to survived. He had to fight so he told his most trust worthy soldier that he was going to get ready to fight. The soldier reminded him carefully that in the royal book of rule, the king isn’t allowed to fight. Ted went under cover and disguised himself into the poor boy from back when he was 20 years old. He grabbed his flag and said ‘today, we battle.’ he fought all the soldiers until they were dead and also sent the most dangerous soldiers with him. Soon the battle was over and he felt happy to have won. He knew that he would have to watch out for another battle but the thing he really felt happy about was that he actually achieved something. He made sure that England wouldn’t be under attack again and so on he lived his life knowing he was import and mostly, happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!