Dark Intentions

What would you do if you found a note attached to your apartment door? Well I got one, and it said:

“If you ever want to see Anna again,
meet me at the Town Square at 10:00 pm.
Come alone or she dies.
~ F”

Well I sure didn't know what to do! I needed my best friend back! I can’t live without her!
I started to cry; I sunk down to the floor and just sobbed into my hands, out in the hall. No one lives on this floor so it doesn't really matter if I’m loud.

I was just concentrating on getting my roommate – my best friend – back!

What could this kidnapper possibly want with me?!

I unlocked the door and walked into my messy house.
“Wow, this person left the place a pig sty!” I exclaimed starting to get irritated.
I hopped in my shower knowing that in about an hour I would come face to face with my best friend’s kidnapper.

I got out of my shower that had taken 20 minutes too long, I quickly slipped on my sweats and grabbed my bag; making sure I had pepper spray – just in case.
I glimpsed at the clock on the wall opposite the door and it read 9:48 pm, I locked the door and swiftly walked down 2 flights of stairs and out the door into my car – a red beetle.

I knew that I would be there in no time, in fact it took 6 minutes to get there, so I had to wait another 6 minutes to get Anna back.

I’m not going to lie – I was terrified. But I needed Anna back, I wasn't leaving without her.
So I waited, it was a very long 6 minutes and it felt like time had just slowed down.
I started thinking about what would happen if this mystery person killed one of us…
But then I was snapped out of my thoughts by a husky voice calling from behind. It was eerie and it sent shivers down my spine.

“What do you want with us?” I questioned the kidnapper behind me.

“Now why are you so horrible to you loving father, Isabella?” I immediately spun around, only to see my father hold a knife up to Anna’s neck with her hands behind her back.

“F – for father” I realised.

But all I could think about was how my father used to punish even when I didn't do anything.

“You stay away from her.” I warned him.
“Be careful, Bella. I’m the one with all the power here.” He almost whispered.

But before I could do anything he pressed the knife up to Anna’s neck, I heard a faint scream and then she collapsed to the ground.

I just stood there. Shocked. My father killed my best friend. I was furious.

I ran over to Anna but just before I could reach her I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and then everything went black…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!