Technology.

A lot has chaanged between years. Technology has increased and intelligence has reached higher stndards. We live in a world full of many amazing invention's and ideas. But along side all the good things lie many of the opposite. Also growing in numbers is bullying and judgement. Whether it be a small teasing or a physical beating, many people young and old are suffering in silence. No where is safe. Not school, not workplace and now with the increases in internet usage you're not even safe in your home. So why does this happen? Because they're different? Because we don't all have the same skin colour or hair colour. First judged by our looks and then bullied relentlessly. Some people are classified as 'attractive' and some as 'ugly'. But why do we do this? To make oursleves feel better when putting others down? To feel inferior to others? Honestly it makes no sense at all. Categorising people based on your own personal opinion, all for your own benefit. What most people don't recognise is how that makes the victim feel. Isolated, alone, disgusted, depressed, and generally terrible. These are the feeling of those affected by bullying or any form of critical judgement on things they can't help or change. What we should be doing is helping each other, supporting and engouraging each other for who we are. NOt changing ourselves to suit the taste of some person or magazine's idea of beauty. It doesn't matter what youe skin colour is, or what your hair colour, nor does it matter what you enjoy doing. As cliche as it is all you need to do is be yourself and do what you want to do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!