Back To Being Me?

I wasn’t always grouchy and depressed. I used to be the most enthusiastic girl in the world; that was before I started high school…..
I go to Abbey Mount High School and I cherish it there I really do, but there is only one problem; I am troubled by some of the other students there.
You see I play soccer, but I ‘m not the ordinary type that trains because it amuses me, play because it entertains me, I am in it to get to the top, to be the best, (I still enjoy playing the game though). But there are these girls, known as the school bullies, and unfortunately they play soccer as well, not just for fun, and they don’t like being second best, trust me. Anyway, at tryouts I got in the team instead of one of the bullies. Some people call them the Bulldozers. They got their name because they are always putting people down, or in this case bulldozing them. But I find it easier just to say bullies.
I tried to talk to my parents, but they’re way to busy getting dads “big” campaign ready for next spring! It’s dreadful not being able to talk to them without them being distracted or multitasking, that’s why most of the time I don’t bother anymore, it’s just not worth it.
There is only one thing that makes me forget everything that is happening. There is this thing that some people do for a living, called Healing by Humming, but I call my healing process Healing by Drumming. It’s the only thing that makes me calm. It’s harmonious and soothing. It distracts me from reality, takes me to another place, where I am cheerful.
My diet isn’t very satisfying either. We normally get takeaway because apparently there is no time to cook. But I rarely eat anything. And because I’m sorrowful all the time I eat a lot of chocolate!
Back at school I am extremely terrified to stand up for myself, so I let the bullies do whatever they want to me. I know I should tell someone. I really feel like I need to tell my parents, but there is no point they won’t listen.
My friends have tried to assist me, especially the loyal ones but I just pushed them away because I don’t want them getting bullied, just like me. It wouldn’t be fair.
Everyday just becomes worse! I wake up have breakfast; go to school; which is quiet frightening actually! Come home have a snack, then play the drums or kick the soccer ball until it’s time to go to bed. That way I don’t think about my atrocious life!
The bullies are making my life the hardest and scariest thing in the world, and I hope, just hope sometime one day, maybe even one year, that it will change and I will be the joyful girl and have the joyful life; and maybe even play in the National Girl’s soccer team!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!