100 Years And Counting

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

Canberra is a place of many wonderful things. It's a place where rural landscapes meet suburban high-rises, a place where education is at a Nationally acclaimed high standard. A place that calls itself the Nation's capital and a place where my humble beginnings originate. It may be brief but this is my life so far.
I was born on the 28th of August 1997 in the Nation's Capital, where my first of 6 houses I have lived in( with a 7th in Newcastle) was just 80 metres down the road from my school in Melba. I lived there with my two elder siblings a brother and a sister along with my mother and father. Whilst I don't remember a thing about the house, just being born in It, it's a key factor in my life, my place of origin in Canberra, my Territory of Origin.
Since my days after Melba I lived in 3 more houses before I had even started pre-school. So I had virtually lived in 4 houses by age 4. I hadn't really amassed any memories of the first 3 houses it's only when I got to my fourth house that I comment on in depth, but I'm afraid there's just not enough time.
When I was about 7 years old I remember my Dad driving past the barren wasteland that goes under the name of North McKellar today. He said to me we're going to live in that estate soon, and soon enough it was, the estate known as North McKellar is where I currently live today although my current house is my 2nd house in this estate. The first house my family lived in was just the 3rd to have been built there. We only lived in that house for 18 months (this was traditional fashion for our family.) due to my Dad being a builder.
North McKellar is where my family and I have lived for eight years now and we wouldn't trade it for any other district of Canberra. It's quiet, tranquil and has a majestic awe about it. It's across the road from a pond, adjacent to a paddock and our view is of trees, green grass, a soccer club and soccer stadium which are located just on the other side of the paddock. Where we currently live is my favourite thing about Canberra. Thanks!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!