I Am Fire

I am fire, the one I love is ice. I’m the heat and they are the cold. The two opposites, enemies! We both have the power to kill another. From the heat, ice will slip away slowly like a mother’s child growing up, from the cold, the heat will be put out suddenly and leave nothing but the ones it burned.
Without knowing, one could damage the other and be left with only sorrow and regret, and wander the rest of their lives alone. You only find your soul mate once, and once they’re gone you are abandoned and neglected, but by your own strength.
You cannot choose your soul mate, not everyone can have a perfect life. I wish I knew what it is like to hold the one you love close, show them that you care. To feel their breath on your ear as you hold them faithfully.
To have the gift to be passionate towards the person you cherish in life, would be like freedom.
I saw my love and I forgot. I forgot who I am, who they are, I wanted to know the feeling of freedom. I wanted to treasure my love, I wanted them to know how I feel. I wrapped my arms around them, I felt their breath in my ear. My heart was free, I devoted to feeling the warmth inside my body simply from embracing my love. I forgot, I forgot my love was ice, I forgot I was fire, I forgot that I had the power to kill them.
I knew it was too late, my love slowly leaving me. I kept holding on feeling two cold chills wrap around me as I smiled and told them “ I love you.”. A sharp intake of air aroused me from my devotion as I heard four words that I could die knowing, “I love you too…’
I did die, my icy love killed me, while I killed them. We are together, not in heaven, not in hell but as a small rock lying on the ground. We died together in each other’s arms and created something new.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!