Tales Of The Wanderers

It’s the Year 2098 and I was in a trench for an hour before they found me.
“Here’s one!” a trooper yelled. Two more troopers came alongside pointing an automatic at me. The second one looked up, he nudged the others. The others looked where he looked; they slowly stepped back and fired a shot, then sprinted as if they were afraid of something. I got up and looked behind, there was nothing there. I walked in the direction they looked and then a hand covered my mouth. I passed out.
When I woke up I was nearby a village.
A few farmers came by and gave me a lift. When I reported what had happed to the Lt. Commander he said, "You’ve seen the Wanderer, the thing that does not stay in one place".
After a week of restocking I set out on my patrol with a semi-automatic, radio and G.P.S. At nightfall I found a Type 4 gunship. It looked different in a way. When I entered the gunship a sandstorm struck the ship and buried it. Inside, in a small room, there was a chair and a computer. On a nearby table I saw a clock that ticked and a bottle labelled 'Spring Water'. A voice behind me said “Who are you and what are you doing here? Do not turn around or I will eliminate you!”
“I am Lt. J.R. Gypsy of the A.D.F.” I replied.
“I am C6-1963, code name Wanderer. Do you know how to co-pilot a Type 4 gunship?” he asked. “Err… Yes.” I said. “Good, by the way, you’re just like your father!”
Above ground;
“Today we will conquer the last base that can stop us. Today we will conquer the Southern Land.” said a German General. “What is making that noise? “Asked the General. Then a gunship came out from under the General. “What in the world is that? Run for your life!” cried out the General of the German army.
At headquarters;
“Sir, a Type 4 gunship is 450 metres away; shall I order a squad to investigate?” asked a radio operator. “No, but contact that gunship.” replied the Lt. Commander.
“Yes Sir. This is Red Lair to Gunship, report.”
“This is C6-1963; the German Army is in full retreat, over.” said the Wanderer.
“You are clear for landing at Hanger 6, over.” said the radio operator.
At the village;
“So you are the last of the greatest unit of troops. How did the others fall?” asked the Lt. Commander.
“Our team was caught in the battle of Washington D.C. We tried to force the enemy back but we were overrun by 60 men. They thought I was killed in the fight, but I escaped before the enemy found out.”
“A toast to our victory! But we have no Champagne.” exclaimed the Lt.Commander.
“Never fear, the Wanderer is here!” the Wanderer announced as he pulled out a bottle of Champagne with a label saying – 'Vintage 2045' (a very good year).

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!