False Teeth

Do you have a Grandma who walks towards you and then starts to kiss and hug? Well I have that Grandma. That’s bad but it’s worse when she comes over to sleep at your house!

It all happened when Mum was talking at night with Dad about how Grandma was lonely. She was single and had the idea that she could come here to sleep with us for the night so she wasn’t lonely.

The day had come that she would be sleeping here. The good thing was I had school so when Mum was getting Gran I would be at school. But there’s six hours of school and “time flies” fast. I put my clothes on for school.

I was right, time flies. There was one minute until the bell. Three, two, one! The bell rang and everyone left the room.

I began to walk to my house with my heavy bag around my shoulders. I came to my house, opened the front door, slipped my shoes off and threw my bag down. I went into the lounge room and first spotted Gran on the lounge. “Oh Clive” she said and walked towards me as she tried to kiss and hug me but I escaped. “How was your day?” shouted Mum from the kitchen. “Usual” I shouted back.

“Oh Clive isn’t letting me hug him” shouted Gran. I walked back to my bedroom and opened the door. You know what I found? Gran’s stuff all over the floor. It was a mess! I walked back into the kitchen to Mum. “Why is Gran’s stuff in my bedroom?” I whispered. “Just for tonight. You can sleep in the lounge room,” Mum whispered back. So I then got my doona and pillow from my bed and walked back to the lounge room.

As I always say, “time flies” and it was tea time. We were having spaghetti. The way Gran eats is disgusting. She eats with her mouth open and whenever you look at her you can see the meat getting crunched and the noise is like a cow munching on grass.

It was time to go to bed. Gran was in bed and so were Mum and Dad. All I need to do was brush my teeth. I entered the bathroom door. Opened it, got my tooth brush and the tooth paste. Put it on my brush but just when I was about to clean my teeth, I saw the most revolting thing in my life. It was in a cup filled with water and in that water I spotted teeth. Worst of all it was looking at me with its jaws repeatedly going up and down. I dropped the tooth brush. Wet myself then SCREAMED! I sprinted back to my temporary bed. Laid down and taking deep breathes I was still wet, all sweaty and hot. You know how I say “time flies”, well not now that you know that teeth are haunting you and about to crunch you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!