War For Miralen

The harsh note of the horn broke through the impending silence which was like the calm before the storm. Except this time it wasn't a storm or even a hurricane; it was something much worse.

The 'Sasharna' or The Witches People, were invading.

Galant knights and brave soldiers of the Miralen Royal Court drew their weapons from their sheathes and scabbards alike. There was an almighty ring of steel on leather as swords, lances and sabers were all flung into the air for a gigantic war cry as men charged to face their goblin counterparts who were known as the Kingdoms 'd ark side.'

Though King Georges army was almighty and a force to be reckoned with in normal combat, the masses of goblins, dragons and basilisks were a different thing altogether. Together and united under the Witch's evil magic they were truly a terrible killing machine conjured up from the fiery depths of hell.

There were giant trolls who threw boulders into the Royal Army scattering and crushing all who were unlucky. There were giant vulture-like beasts who snatched soldiers from the ground as if they were just old rag-dolls. But the worst was yet to come. There was the Krakaren: spiritual entities who had two minds and could such the very soul out of a mass of living things, in this case, King George's army. However, there was a catch; in order to perform the art of 'Soul Reaping' (The ritual art of sucking out one's soul) the two minds 0f the Krakaren must both agree on the action. So, for now George's army could fight in peace without having to worry about giant bodyless creatures who could just come in and suck out their souls. So for now it was just a normal battle, or so they thought...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!