Kidnapped

I pinched myself, hard. Nothing. My worst nightmare had come true. I had been kidnapped! I knew this because firstly I wasn’t in my room and secondly my hands and feet were tied up with rope. It felt like I was moving, in some sort of transportation vehicle. There was a light buzzing sound. I recognised this sound. I was on a plane. There were guns hanging on the walls of the plane. Every gun I looked at I got even more scared. There were a few questions buzzing around my head. Who had kidnapped me? Where were they taking me? What were my parents doing? Where were they?
The plane started to tip, we were landing. Not knowing the answer to any of these questions, made me sick. It was a bumpy landing. I was led off the plane and into a room where other people were sitting. They forced me to sit on a chair and handcuffed me to it. A door creaked open and the scariest man I had ever seen appeared from the shadows. Wait a second. He looks familiar. Oh my gosh!! That Cony guy I saw on the news! He’s the one that kidnapped me! The puzzle pieces were now all falling into place, it all made sense now. Cony had kidnapped me because he probably heard that I was a great long distance runner and he wanted to turn me into a child soldier. That’s why I saw the guns on the walls of the plane. The questions I had buzzing around my head were all answered. Except one. Where were my parents?
It wasn’t long before I had my answer. I was lead into a dark room and there they were. Blindfolded and tied to chairs. I could hear my Mum quietly sobbing to herself. My heart sank. Cony handed me a rifle and said to shoot them both. I swear my heart stopped. I couldn’t shoot my parents, I just couldn’t. I had to find a way to get my parents and myself out of there. My mind was blank. I had no ideas. I then came to a conclusion. I would shoot, not them, but the ropes around their hands and feet. I took aim and fired. All shots were direct hits. I quickly threw the rifle at Cony and yelled for my parents to run.
We were almost at the door when I tripped. Something had grabbed my leg. I looked back. It was Cony. He was dragging me back into the room. I punched and kicked like mad, but Cony held his grip. I heard a loud bang and immediately after I felt a sharp pain in my chest. The last thing I saw was black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!