My Life

My life is one of a kind I don’t think anyone will experience what I have. It all started back in 2002 when my mother Joe fell sick and wasn’t able to take care of me. My sister Mahala and I went into our first foster home together and I was still very young so I don’t remember some of my past, anyway from what I was told her name was ally and we lived with her for 1-2 years in the town of Fitzroy in Melbourne. Soon after that Mahala and I were separated for a period of 2 years and I have no Idea what happened to her in that period as we were allowed no contact to each other. So in 2005-2006 we were put back together in a home with another parent in Fitzroy again. Now during this period my mother Joe was getting sicker and sicker which of course is not good. To this day my mum has had 4 strokes, 2 heart attacks and has lung disease and has a watery lung as well. My mum is a quadriplegic and is in a wheelchair. Anyway so its 2008 and my sister and I have started to get back into contact with family (my Nan and pop and aunty) and have offered for us to go down to Tasmania for a holiday in the new year and of course we would never refuse A offer like that so a few months later we were on a plane for a first time and off to Tasmania. We just got back from Tassie and wow was it fun we went on boats, sea planes and so much more. So after about 3 months coming back from Tasmania I had a thought that maybe I could move over there. I asked my foster parent if it was possible for me to and she said maybe and the next day we called the foster home services and boom 6 months later I was living in Tasmania with my Nan and other family. From then to now I still live in Tasmania with my father who I met soon after I moved to Tasmania. But! I only see my mum who lives in Melbourne still 3 times a year and now my sister mahala has also moved on and moved back to Melbourne and she is now soon going to start a family I hope. I know most people who enter these sort of competions write a fiction story but I thought I might try and see if I could get a prize or something for writing a story about my past and my family. my name is isaac prentice and this is my story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!