The Magic Floorboard

Hi I'm Hannah, I live with my family in Boxin. Our house is messy with boxes becuase we are moving tomorrow. I don't want to move but I don't have a choice, Mum says we have to move because she wants me to have a better education. I told her that we don't need to move because I'm top of the class, but she doesn't listen to me. She says that there's a really good prep school in Alphaca. The next day a wake up to noise, then I remember that we are moving to Alphaca. I get ready for the day even though there's not much to look forward apart from being in a new place.
We finally arrive at our new house, it looks old and gloomy, but nice at the same time. Straight away I run inside to see what it looks like, it's pretty nice apart from the smell of old man's socks. I run upstairs to pick the best bedroom, the first room I walk into is big and bright because of the window. I decide to make this room mine, but not long after I've started to unpack Mum calls out " dinner time" drat, oh well I'll finish unpacking after dinner.
Now that I am full I feel quite tired so I decide to finish unpacking tomorrow, I fall asleep quickly,but I am woken by a dog barking, so I walk slowly up to the window to tell the dog to be quiet, but before I can do so I fall straight through the floorboard. I land in a heap at the bottom of a tree hollow " where am I ?" I ask myself.
I stand up and immediately a small clock falls from nowhere into my hand the clock is set for 20 minutes, so I assume I am only allowed to stay here for 20 minutes. I start walking around then suddenly I come across a person that looks like an Indian but can speak English. He says " hello, my name is Apu, welcome to Mysterious Island" I reply " thank you my name is Hannah, could you please tell me a bit about the island, it is my first time here" suddenly the alarm goes off Apu must know what this means because he says " follow me and I will show you the way back" he leads me to a small door implanted in the ground. Before I went through the door I said " I will return tomorrow meet me near the big tree hollow".
I get home from school and rush to my bedroom thinking only about one thing, I need to go back to the mysterious island. I through my bag on my bed step on the floorboard and once again I am in Mysterious Island and once again the small clock falls into my hand. Apu was there waiting for me, I say " hello, would you mind showing me around the island?" Apu replies " yes, of course". After he has shown me around the island, I realise I don't have the small clock in my pocket any more, so I start to panic Apu asks me " what's the matter? Are you all right?" " No, I've lost the small clock that was in my pocket and I don't know what the time is". Suddenly there volcano starts to erupt Apu says that I have to get back to my world and destroy the floorboard before the door gets destroyed I want to ague, but Apu pulls my arm and leads me to the door in the ground, I say one last goodbye before I disappear back into my room. I try to go back to the island and bring Apu back here but the floorboard doesn't work this must mean that the island is now destroyed forever and will never get to see Apu again.
The next morning I tell Mum that there's a loose floorboard in my room, but she says not to worry about it because we are moving again " great just great" I say to myself as I walk back up stairs, but then I start thinking that maybe there will be another portal in the new house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!