Litter

Litter
A little boy named Tom had dropped a plastic bag and, his sister saw it and said “hey are you going to pick that up”. “No” yelled Tom. “Why should I”. Emily started to get angry. “Why should you pick that up? Well, I will tell you why you should pick that plastic bag up,” Emily answered.
“If you drop plastic or any other type of rubbish on the ground it goes into the ocean or somewhere else where animals live, and guess what” “What” yelled Tom.
“Well animals like turtles will think that the plastic is a Jelly Fish and the turtles will eat the plastic bag, and it will then clog up their insides, and the turtles will die and the same goes with every other animal” explained Emily.
“Oh” said Tom, “How sad” and suddenly he picked up the plastic bag and apologised to his sister and whenever someone litters Tom or Emily told that story and that person picked up his or her rubbish and apologised.
This is sort of a true story so if you litter a plastic bag or something a turtle might think it’s a Jelly Fish and the turtle will eat it and you’ll know what will happen next.
The End.
By Haylee Russell

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!