In The Rainforest

In the rainforest a little girl called Sam lived with her Mum and her Dad. Julia (Sam’s Mum) was a writer and she wrote stories about her life as a mother in the rainforest but one day she went out and never returned.
Sam was 7 years old and she loved writing stories about her adventures she had all around the rainforest. Sam never knew that there was more to the beautiful rainforest she lived in and she never knew there was any one else in the world but her family. Every night before bed Sam’s Dad would tell her a story about the world outside of the rainforest.
One day Sam asked her Dad if his stories were real and if there was anything out there besides their rainforest. Will (Sam’s Dad) said “NO! You should never think that my stories are real because they are made up.” But deep down Will knew that there was a whole new world out there, but he didn’t want Sam to know because he knew that she would pack some stuff and go on an adventure. Because Julia went and never returned Will didn’t want this to happen to Sam.
Sam was curious about what her Dad had said to her the other day. Sam decided to go anyway. One morning when Will went to find Julia, Sam packed some things and set off to the end of the rainforest.
Finally after maybe one hour Sam reached the end of the rainforest. All she could see was sand for miles. She could see what looked like a little tree on the horizon just like in her Dad’s story. She started to run closer to the tree. But the more she ran it didn’t look like she was getting any closer to the tree. So she stopped and started to walk a different way and then she found herself in a little village. People were shoving things in her face. She hopped onto a camel and went out of the little village. Sam and the camel walked for about two or three kilometres and then the camel started to lower its neck. The sand in front of the camel was sinking. Sam slipped off the camel’s neck and fell into the hole and then she saw two people in a cage. She realised who they were. They were her Mum and Dad. “Mum, Dad” Sam yelled out. “That sounded like SAM!” Julia yelled. “That’s because it is Sam” Will said. “Sam what are you doing out here you should be in the rainforest waiting for me.” “ I got bored and anyway where are we?” Sam said. Will explained everything to Sam. Sam got out her scissors that could cut though anything. She cut her family free and they went home to their rainforest.
When Will had been telling her what was happening Sam never found out where she was when she was captured.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!