A Fine Summers Day

It was a day like no other, the sun shining, the birds singing and the old lady next door was working on her garden as usual. Little did I know about the invasion? It started on the day were everything was just too perfect.
I was out riding my bike when I crossed the kid that always bullies me in school. I didn’t look at him hoping he wouldn’t notice me but he did. That’s when the weirdness started for me. This time instead or grabbing my shirt and ripping me off my bike, he wished me a safe ride and then he turned back to finish helping his mum with hanging out the washing. I thought about it the whole time I rode my bike that day, wondering if he just said that sarcastically hoping I would fall off my bike and injure myself so he didn’t have to spend as much time harassing me then he normally would.
Before I knew it Monday came and it was time for school, I got up at six o’clock and had breakfast like any normal school day for me. But when I woke up I noticed a strange smell. I looked outside to see if that there were any new things that could be making the smell. As soon as I opened the blinds my jaw drops and nearly touches the ground at what I saw all the flashing lights nearly blinded me. There were flashes of red, green, blue, orange and even pink. In the dead centre of all the chaos was only just visible from my window, it was a flying saucer. Surrounding this space ship was an army of little green aliens. The aliens had six legs all the same size, antenna coming off the top of their heads; their eyes took up most of their head and kept moving like the aliens were constantly looking out for danger. Most of the aliens surrounding the ship had battle scars, some scars ran from one side of the body to the other. For some reason people that have been acting strange were somehow being trusted, I think the aliens had something to do with their odd behaviour.
I run downstairs to see if mum was up yet. I saw her frozen with fear staring out the window with the same expression as what I had. I decided that someone had to do something about it and that someone was me. At that moment I remembered about the towns underground tunnels. I rang all my friends and left a message that told them to meet in the middle of the tunnel system, the people who showed would be known as the ultimate neighbourhood watch.
When I was just about in the middle of the tunnels I heard talking. A grin from ear to ear appeared on my face. As I approach the light caused by the children I yell “all of us are Galactupus’ last hope.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!