Pedro;s Basketball Debut

One frosty night at the staples centre in downtown Los Angeles, the crowd went ballistic as the Knicks entered just before the OKC Thunder
In the OKC line up is Australian lad from SA Millicent called Pedro Smith. He is 7’6 and is as fast as lighting.
The game is under way and the Knicks have won the tap and have scored. Pedro has just been sub in at point guard; Pedro gets and shoots from 3 point line and it in OKC lead by 1.
That's the quarter time buzzer and OKC are trailing by 10 points. “That was the worst quarter we have had all season, so if you’re not leading by half time you will be running suicides until you puke” yelled coach.
The second quarter has just started and OKC inbound the ball to Pedro, the pick and roll, the give and go, then a huge windmill dunk. Knicks are dribbling the ball down the court they drive to the basket but Pedro gets a humongous block, OKC have a fast break, an alleyoop then an easy 2 points
10 seconds to go until half time and it is all tied up OKC have the ball they give it to Pedro 3....2..... He shoots 1 brrrrrrrrrrrrr and it’s in. It puts them in front going to the third quarter
“Much better effort lads, great come back, excellent job Pedro way to get the team going” proclaimed coach. There goes the buzzer the third quarter is up and running, oh what’s this OKC have scored already, again it was Pedro smith he has played brilliantly in his first game of NBA. Wow Knicks have scored quickly and now is a close game, with 5 minutes to play in the third it looks like a close game from here on out. Pedro dribbling the ball his player goes for a steal but missed, he has a clear lane to the basket and a huge Air Jordan. That’s the third quarter done dusted looking forward to a thrilling last quarter.
‘What the heck guys we had an 8 point lead and now a 2 point, but at least we have a lead” explained coach. The last quarter has started with them scoring after one another with OKC still leading by 2 points. Now it’s a draw, no, no, the Knicks are leading by 2.One minute to go and OKC have just scored and are playing great zone defence and that will be shot clock violation and it will go the other way. Pedro has the ball he shoots from 3 point range and it’s in but the umpire said his foot was over the line so it is only 2 points but it is still a lead with 5 seconds to go, Carmelo Anthony sprints down the court and shoots it from 3 it’s in brrrrrrrrr, oh hang on there is a whistle is it travel, yes it is so I think OKC Win.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!