My Journey ,The Story Of Jahib


April 2nd 1939
The foam spits on my face the fear of bodies stand around me; it is hard to move around here, I only carry my jumper and backpack. I knew that leaving was the right thing, but what if we are on this heap of wood forever, what if we get caught. Mamma gave me this diary, and I am going to try and write in it whenever I can.

April 5th 1939
I haven’t heard from mamma in days last time I saw her was when she went to plead the captain for some more rations, we only get one apple each day! Two people have died so far from starvation and have been thrown over bored this is all just a stupid idea.

April 6th 1939
You might be wondering why i am on this boat. It’s a long story, papa had been in Australia and he hadn’t contacted us in ages so my family hoped on this boat in hope when we get to Australia we will find him, and we will be united as a family again.

April 7th 1939
The captain says that there is going to be a storm tomorrow night but not a big enough to capsize the boat. I still haven’t heard from mamma and i fear the captain has thrown her over board. I cry myself to sleep at night in fear of this boat sinking. What if we get caught, i won’t be able to sleep just thinking about what we have done, this is the wrong thing, and I don’t want to be locked up in a dull and gloomy room with strangers all around me because we are trying to go to Australia.

April 8th 1939
The turquoise waves are crashing over and beyond this rundown piece of wood. I met a new friend today his name is Muhammad, he travelled from Vietnam. Muhammad is two years younger than me. We have a lot in common, we both like trains. We spent hours playing with his trains. I had a fine apricot train and Muhammad had a shiny saffron train.

April 9th 1939
Mamma came back today, her eye was stained a ruby-plum colour, it looks as if she has been beaten and bruised. Mamma talked unusually quiet she wasn’t as happy and bright as she normally was. Every time someone came near her she would shiver and shake. All she kept telling me that she loved me.

April 10th 1939
Captain yelled at all the women and children to put on their life coats but men were not allowed to.

April 11th 1939
The boat capsized last night we must of hit a rock. These horrible men have taken everyone to this caged place. This is going to be the last time I write in here .we never found papa! I have to go the bully wants my journal he says I am not allowed to have something precious.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!