Netball Star

She had long blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Her favourite thing in the world was netball. She played netball everyday of the week including weekends. Mia's life was perfect at school, home and at netball but all that was about to change...
She was playing in a netball tournament like she did every Sunday she won 6 out of 8 games and got her team into the grand final. It was in the last 2 minutes when she went up for the ball and came crashing down on her knee. Mia was rushed to hospital in the ambulance everyone was so worried. The doctor said she needed surgery right away and even if it all go's well she might not be able to walk again. Her parents were so worried but they new the right thing to do for her was to have surgery. Mia went in to surgery strait away...
A few days later Mia was feeling heaps better but was still really scared that she would never be able to play netball again. She stayed in hospital for a 2 weeks and over the time she had heaps of visitors. When the day finally came to go home Mia was so exited. She was sick of all the hospital food and sitting in bed all day and worst of all the smell it was gross. Mia's mum checked out and they went home. Life was so different being on crouches for example the kitchen bench was to high so she could not help prepare meals. She felt miserable. The next day she got up early and went for a walk or more like a hop. She went to the netball courts and could almost smell them. She stared at them for a while and she had flash backs to the terrible day.Mias knee got heaps better and every Saturday she went and watched her team play netball, she always cheered the loudest!! She was kind of famous around the town so when people from the Melbourne Vixens came to town they heard all about Mia. They came to her house and made an offer...
They offered to help her play netball again with there help and the help of they trainer. Mia was thrilled and wanted to start right away.they trained for weeks and weeks and finally the day came Mia was going to play netball !!
She played in G.D her heart almost beating out of her chest and then she did it she played netball and was so thrilled. She played for a whole hour and wanted to play more. Mia was so great full and became really good friends with the Vixens girls. The END!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!