Allan And The Seven Hearts

One night the people of Verin hastily woke to hear the evil of the night, one of the first people to wake was Allan the scared and seven others named Emily, John, Kane the strong, Mina, Jack the baker, Stanley the book keeper and Jenner the kind. Instantly Allan looked out of his window, he looked towards the town square and the foul beast which lay before his eyes with silken scales dread of the stink from the marsh which is behind the ancient hill. He waits til the creature moves away from the town square at first he hesitated but forced himself to scream in fear “Monster, monster in the town!” He then ran like a frightened rabbit.
He ran to the only place he knew he could be safe from the creature he saw, the teaching shack. Once he got there he found Kane, Stanley and Jenner, Allan asked “where’’ But before Allan could finish Kane answers “we don’t know” “last I saw Emily, Mina and Jack they ran into the forest” “We can’t leave them there it’s too dangerous in the forest” Screamed Allan. “I know how you feel Allan, I too was like you but we have to stay here” politely said Jenner. Jenner was always kind even in their darkest time it runs through her family blood her mother was kind her grandmother and higher she never was nasty to Allan like the others were, never teasing him about his strength, because the people of Verin were known to be strongest people throughout the land. Soon Allan gave in he really didn’t feel like arguing that day so they slept on the rough splintery wood of the shack hoping to find the others.
When Allan and the others woke the set off into the forest to find the others at this moment Allan started to worry about the others in the village, Allan kept questioning about the other villagers but Stanley assured that they were fine. “They can’t be too far now” Jenner said excitedly “Your right, they are not that far from us” confirmed Stanley. Not only was Stanley the book keeper of Verin but was also a scout he could tell fresh foot prints to old and he knew these foot prints were only a few hours old. “The footprints lead north into that cave, we must go forth!” as they hurried like spies through the forest Kane who was at the front fumbled into the cave, soon after the others did the same tripping over each other. As they looked up they see Emily, Jack, Mina and John helplessly laying on the floor as the vile creature stands near about to too feast Stanley walked a little bit further for he was interested in such a creature he has never seen in his studies as doing so he noticed seven hearts, it turned and faced them waiting just waiting to be disturbed too feast evermore once again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!