The Element Dragons

The Element Dragons

There once lived 5 element dragons of ice, fire, earth and lightning. The fifth dragon was a golden dragon that had all of the elements. The ice dragon was white, the fire dragon was red, the lightning dragon was blue and the earth dragon was black. It all happened 10 years ago, April 2004. There lived a man called Sirus Finlay who lived in a village called Garcia, which was a happy village and noone hardly came out of their houses.

One day a wizard called Avalon came to Sirus’s wooden house. Avalon was Sirus’s friend so they knew each other. “Welcome Avalon” Said Sirus excitedly. “I need your help” said Avalon going back to a serious business. “Me? Wait, what do you need help with?”
“I need help to slay those Element Dragons.” He said.
“Why don’t you go yourself?”
“Because I would die, 5 dragons on one man, that’s why I have assembled a team and you could be the last member”
“How many members are there?”
“Four including me”
“The dragons are going to destroy the world” Avalon went on.
“Ok, I’m in” said Sirus. A man outside started to play cool rock music with his guitar while all of the 5 members walked in slow motion down the village. The members were Zeus, Sirus, Merlin, Endora and Avalon. Avalon prepared 5 horses for each member.

They rode north and stopped at a cave. “Here are your swords” said Avalon as e gave 4 swords out to the members. Avalon had magic staff, which was really handy, he didn’t need a sword. They heard a strange noise and soon these creatures were surrounding them. “What are they?” asked Sirus.
“Orcs” Avalon replied nervously.
“Get ready to fight!” yelled Zeus. All of the Orcs jumped at them and got killed. Merlin got hit by the last Orc but luckily Sirus killed it. “Are you O.K Merlin” asked Sirus.
“Yep.”
“Avalon why were the Orcs after us?” asked Sirus.
“They are the guards of the castle where the dragons live, that means we are close”
“Great, close means like 10km away” said Sirus
“Exactly” said Endora.

They had finally reached the dark, scary castle. When they saw Orcs surrounding the castle. “How many are there? Seriously!” said Zeus annoyed. “I got just the thing” said Avalon. He got a lighter and lit a tree and they ran quickly. Orcs love light so they ran towards it. Avalon and the others had their chance and went inside the creepy castle.

It was a massive castle and they saw the door of the dragons. “Get ready to fight” Endora said as she opened the door into the room.
“Where are they?” asked Zeus.
“Watch out!” yelled Merlin. They almost got hit by the Golden Dragon.
“Merlin you take the Fire Dragon, Zeus you take the Lightning Dragon, Endora you take the Ice Dragon and Sirus… take the Earth” Avalon said as he went for the golden one. Endora sliced the Ice Dragon when it froze her! “No!” yelled Sirus.

“Keep fighting” said Avalon. The lightning dragon struck Zeus, he died. The Fire Dragon burnt Merlin to dust. There were two people left, Avalon and Sirus. “Let’s go” said Sirus as he climbed the Ice Dragon’s leg, up its body then cut it heaps of times. He jumped on the Lightning Dragon and cut its belly. “Two down, three to go” said Sirus as he sliced the Earth Dragon on the head.
“One left” said Avalon. He used his staff to bring down the roof on the Golden Dragon’s head, they had done it. “Yeah!” said Sirus. He returned home knowing that he was a hero.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!