Sharing The Culture

Here it goes again, the name calling, the rock throwing but no one does anything, not even the teacher. However, if Noah does anything that would be the last of him, all because he is aboriginal.

The only person who Noah can talk to at school is me, Adelaide. Because I don’t care that I’m a different skin colour to him. I like Norhlark, or Noah for short, for being himself.

“Noah you need to do something about this, for the past eleven years now this has been happening, THIS HAS TO STOP.” “Adelaide, there is nothing I can do about it and if I could then I would have done it a long time ago.” Noah says in a desperate voice.

That night I went home furious. I’m absolutely sick of everyone treating Noah like dirt or any aboriginal in fact. So I know that I need to do something to stop this, and I think I know how.

The next day I went up to Noah and told him what I am going to do to stop this racism. Noah wasn’t quite sure about this at the start but near the end when I explained it more to him, he was in. During class Noah slipped me a note with all these questions on it, like how are we going to have the money to do this, when will it be, where will it be and many more questions I hadn’t thought of.

That day at lunch, Noah and I brainstormed every little detail for what we were going to do. We came to the conclusion that we were going to do a day where we share the aboriginal culture. We are sharing Noah’s culture with the rest of the town and show them what Australia use to be like.

That afternoon, I went to Noah’s house to start preparing for the big day. We were on the phones and going around to people’s houses to ask them for help on the day. Many kind people gave us donations and help for the day. That night I went through the list of people that are going to assist and what will be shared from the aboriginal culture.

It’s the day; today’s the day where we are sharing the aboriginal culture to the rest of the town. I’m so excited to be sharing the aboriginal culture with everyone.

“Hello everyone and welcome to Indigenous Day where aboriginals share the culture with our town. Here today we have many aboriginal things like food, dance, language and many other things. So I hope you enjoy your day today and now I will let it begin with a wonderful dance!” Noah said, excitedly to the crowd.

That day was a big hit because it showed everyone the aboriginal culture that we are still learning today. I am so happy that I have now made a difference in the world and have impacted the racism.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!