Daisy

Once there lived a King and a Queen named King Carl and Queen Mary. They lived in a lovely castle with a lake and a lovely garden. But one day a little kitten was at their door. They let it in and gave it some food and a drink.
That night they were thinking about if they should keep it or not and they decided that they would keep the little kitten. So they thought of a name, then Queen Mary said “I know, why don’t we call her Daisy?” “What a great idea!” That night Daisy slept with them.
The next morning they fed it some cat food and kitten milk and all day they played with it.
The next day the King and Queen’s grandchildren came over and the King and Queen showed them the kitten and they loved it! They played with it as well while the King and Queen spoke to their mother about how it came here. And then their grandchildren said on the weekend could they come over for a sleep over. The King and Queen said “Yes! You can come for a sleep over if it’s okay with your mother.” “Yes it is okay with me.”
So on Saturday they came over and they started playing with the kitten as soon as they got there.
When it was dinner time they helped cook tea, then they ate tea and played with the kitten for another hour and then went to bed.
The next day they got up and had breakfast and played with the kitten. Then their mother rang and said they had to stay another night because their mother had to go to Victoria to help her friend move house.
The children were so happy because they could play with the kitten for another 48 hours but the children wanted to know the name of the kitten so they asked King Carl. He said “Daisy.” “Is she a girl?” “Yes, we did not know that no we did not.”
That night they helped cook tea. The next day they played with the kitten till their mother came in the afternoon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!