DANGER! NO TRESPASSING!

DANGER! NO TRESSPASSING!


DANGER! NOTRESSPASSING! I stared at the big sign in front of me. My heart skipped a beat. “Take in some deep breaths and stay cool,” I whispered to myself. I wouldn’t have had to do this if it weren’t for my very annoying sister, Emma. I told her specifically not to go walking alone, but as usual she didn’t listen to me. When I had found out that she was gone, I was so frustrated. I then had to go looking for her. After a while I found her footsteps and I followed them. I followed them up to this sign, but they kept going right to the other side of the barbed fence. That was just like her.

I squeezed myself through the wire receiving only a few cuts and scratches. Still following her footprints, I came to a point where some bigger footprints approached hers. These footsteps seemed to be really big, in fact it didn’t even look like a humans’. I looked ahead but there were no more of Emma’s footprints, just the bigger ones. I guessed that this big-footed thing had taken her away. Suddenly I heard a twig crack behind me. Slowly, I turned my head and there it was, the angriest bear I’ve ever seen and worse, it seemed to be very hungry.

I ran for my life, taking many twists and turns here and there, trying to confuse the bear and get rid of it. I used up all the adrenalin I had in me and run to a small and narrow alley. My heart was beating so hard it hurt and I thought it would beat itself out of me. At least I had got rid of the bear. I tried to calm my breath down because I was panting loudly and the bear was still roaming around looking for me. When I came back to my senses I asked myself quietly, “Did that bear eat my sister? Or did she go through what I just did and the bear had covered her tracks by his footprints and I didn’t notice them?” Sweat was pouring down my face but I just impatiently wiped them off my face as I was thinking hard about the possibilities.

“Achoo!” I jumped. At first I thought that the sneeze was from the bear but soon I realized that it sounded more like a human. A human that seemed very close to me. I jumped up quietly and started looking around me. “Achoo!” Once again the same sneeze was heard. I looked at a small barrel. That was where the noise came from. “Emma?” I hissed. “Is that you?” I asked hoping the bear couldn’t hear me. “Aiden? Yeah it’s me. Can you help me get out? I’m kind of stuck.” Emma’s voice made me feel like jumping around like a madman, but of course I didn’t. I helped Emma get out of the tight barrel. Then, hand in hand we ran for our lives once more.

For a second, I actually stopped and thought I was dreaming. Emma started dragging me across but I just shook her off. I pinched myself and nothing happened. Glancing behind me I saw that the bear wasn’t far behind us. So I gave up the idea that I was dreaming. When the barbed wire came into our view, I shoved Emma through the fence, ignoring her cries of pain. I followed her through and we both ran and didn’t stop until we reached our house. In the end, Emma blamed me for everything!


Written by Shreya Anand

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!