Dark Lane

Once upon a time there was a lane called Dark lane. It was very dark as the sun never shone there. People had to live under cold dark misery. The first house happened to be a haunted house. People say that the house was the reason why you couldn’t hear the laughter and joy of the children.
If anybody went inside the haunted house they never came out. A few houses away from the haunted house four children were planning. Their names were Rose and Remy Recknal, Lola Lampfield and Talia Tickle Picker. They all lived on this horrible lane.
They had decided to go into the haunted house. They were going to leave at 6.00 in the morning. So they packed a torch, fake wands and their courage. When they had got to the door they grabbed their torches while their neck hairs stood up.
The door opened with a creek. ‘I’m scared’ whispered Lola silently. Everything was covered with rust the jet black wallpaper was peeling off. There was not a bit of light. When they walked in a tall dark figure came towards them. Lola let out a quiet scream. The dark figure came to sight it was a witch but she didn’t have a wand.
Her evil background was glued to her face. She had long grey hair a hunched back and her clothes were in rags. Her voice was deep and all she said was to follow her or something bad would happen. The girls thought twice before moving but they ended up following her. They could see lots of cauldrons and brooms. But the biggest cauldron contained green sticky liquid.
When the girls were together a cage dropped onto them. The cage was made of bones. After a while the witch said ‘This liquid sucks all the happiness from this lane. My great great great grandfather made this. Just then Rose got her wand and said ‘. I know serious magic so go and let us out’ she threatened. The witch fell for it, took the cage off and fled for dear life. The children spilled the potion and now that’s the happiest lane ever. The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!