Haunted

“Haunted,” that what he said but I don’t believe him.
I’m Lucy and I lived with my brother James, my Mum and Dad. Our house looked old and shabby and creaked and groaned. Sometimes it sounded like there were ghosts in there but sometimes it made a more horrid sound like crashing pans and windows breaking.
We lay in our rooms hearing the creaks, groans and everything else we usually heard but suddenly I heard a short ghost-like sound coming from the attic. I woke James up and told him to listen. He heard it and grabbed his ghost hunting stuff and ran to the attic with me clutching his hand as tightly as I could and also running as fast as I could. As we drew closer and closer to the sound suddenly we saw a flash of light coming from the attic. We opened the attic and ran up the ladder as fast as we could. Suddenly there was a beautiful lady wearing beautiful clothes, “James she looks very, very pretty, “I said to him.
“What is your name?” we asked together shakily
“My name is Samantha and I used to live here before I committed suicide because somebody killed my husband and I thought that I had nothing to live for,” she said as she snarled at us.
“Then why are you here?” asked James.
“Well, I seek revenge on those who killed him”
“And how do you think you’ll get revenge on those people who are responsible?”
“Well I thought you would help of course.”
“Oh no no no no no!” I said
“Oh come on sis this will be an adventure,” said James
“Oh fine “I said, “Ok so when do we begin?”
“Tomorrow night 9:00 sharp,” said Samantha hopefully.
The next day at 9:00 p.m. James and Lucy met Samantha in the attic. Samantha told them that she knew who killed her husband and said that all the children had to do was capture the people responsible and take them back to her.
“What will you do to the people responsible? “I asked.
“Send them to heaven with the Angel of Death.”
Two days later, “Let’s go capture some killers” said James.
”Ok,” I said.
But as we walked down the street I felt a cold shiver as if something terrible would happen.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!