A Crazy Birthday

“Oi! Get off my lawn!” Mr Grouge shouted “And stop picking my petunias, it took me three years to grow them,”
“Sorry, but it’s my mum’s birthday tomorrow,” I said
“I don’t care if it’s your parent’s funeral, no one picks my petunias!” he thundered. I quickly run around the corner, but carefully so the petals don’t fall off the flowers. I run up the steps to the front door, but it’s locked, so I run around to the back and climb into my tree fort. “I’m safe at last,” I quietly whisper to myself. I find a leaf to wrap the flowers in, but as I go to get it, I see something bright shines through the rim off my glasses, so I climb down to get a closer look but then I hear my mum’s voice “Sharon, I’m home could you please help me with the groceries and unload the…” before she finishes her sentence I hear glass shatter, so I go and see what happened.

When I eventually get around to the front I see that mum has fallen unconscious because of her high heels and she has landed on her mobile phone, so, without thinking straight, I get mum’s keys from her purse and start the car. I’ve seen her drive enough times to try it for myself (even though I’m 15 and a ½ years old and I’m practically old enough to drive).

When we eventually get to the hospital there are no parking spots left so I park the car on the kerb, carry mum in (thank goodness I have strong arm muscles to lift the other cheerleaders up into the air in practise) and then throw $100 at the receptionist, grab a map of the hospital and run to the next empty room with a doctor to try help mum recover, the doctor says that it will take mum 1 week to be okay to come home.

1 week later mum’s back home watching TV with her leg in a cast and me as her food and drink fetcher. Well at least I get double pocket money and no school for 6 weeks!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!