Haunted

A struck of booming roars filled the atmosphere as the sky was over casted with clouds. The smiling sun faded away as the day became darker, gloomy and dreary. A fierce bolt of lightning loomed from one end of the sky to another and an echo of thunder, roared like a thousand lions. The rain began…

I swiftly ran through a broad and dark alley searching for shelter as I realized, I plodded a lengthy distance. I was completely uncomfortable with the forecast so I decided to enter the wooded grove.

I hesitated…I could not find my way out. I felt like I was isolated and lost in a maze. Far above me were twisted branches, reaching out towards me, the monstrous, claw-like figure casted a shadow over me. The wind was howling, fearless as the monstrous trees swayed violently. I gazed at the tree closely and saw an ominous wide grin on their faces.

I suddenly heard a blaring, infuriating screech above the trees as a colony of unappealing, revolting bats that looked like witches, swooped over my head, grabbing the scarce tips of my silky hair as I immediately sprinted into the other side of the forest.

I was overwhelmed with the horrifying experience as I saw dead, black trees. This forest was unearthly, uncanny and filled with terror. A spine-tingling feeling stroked across my body as I felt a lump in my throat a pearl of sweat dripped down my face. A chilling breeze whipped across my face.

The trees looked like they were possessed by a demons spirit. Suddenly I see a cold, thick black mist enter the atmosphere as I barely could see the sky. I immediately hear unknown moaning from a distance, as I suddenly hear a horrifying scream that came from a distance I jumped a breath.

I swiftly ran away as the alleys led me through the end of the wooded grove. It felt like I was on a gruesome yet dreadful roller coaster ride as I dared not to tell anyone. The wind hushed in silence

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!