I Am Jayden

Jayden’s P.O.V.
My name is Jayden and I am autistic. I have thoughts, feelings and memories but no one knows. People look at me and see a boy who has no control over his actions, they cannot hear my thoughts, they do not know me. I am a normal seventeen year old in a body that cannot function properly. I know what I want to do but I cannot do it. I was born with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. My body has a mind of its own yet my brain is fully capable of its own thoughts. I spend my days in rooms filled with people trying to cure me, but I am not ill. I have visited countless hospitals, consultants, therapists and even mediators but they all say the same thing, there is no hope. All I want is to talk and run and be normal. I can’t ever fit in with others, I don’t belong here.
When I go outside I see other teenagers, they look at me differently. I am different. I have a voice but I cannot be heard. I am Jayden.

Cathy’s P.O.V. (Jayden’s Mother)
I don’t know what to do anymore. I took Jayden to a park and he started screaming, He cannot stay calm. I love my son but I wish he was normal, I cannot do this anymore. Jason left because of this, and it’s all I can do to keep from following his example but I know I can’t leave my baby. He was normal once, well he was younger and you couldn’t tell but I know that boy is still in there somewhere, I just need to reach in and find him.

Jason’s P.O.V. (Jayden’s Father)
I think about them every day, I regret the decisions I made every single minute of my life. I had to do what I did, I had no choice, I couldn’t handle it. I miss both of them but I still think I’ll go back, one day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!