Kidnapped

Hey, my names Lucy but everyone calls me Lulu. I’m thirteen years old and… well you don’t need to know anything else. I’m considered a mean girl for three reasons.
1. I made some kid cry.
2. I snatched some kid’s money.
3. I have a lot of enemies. (It’s an experiment. I wanted to see how life is with enemies.) Anyway let’s get on with my amazing and one hundred per cent true story.
I was sitting in the school hall, finishing my homework when a loud screech nearly blew my ears off.
“Attention, this isn’t a drill; I repeat this isn’t a drill. A stranger is trespassing on school property. We are locking the school down. This isn’t a drill and this is a lockdown!”
“Cool!” I said and walked slowly to my classroom (I thought this was a fake drill). The good news is I got to my class, the bad news is the door slammed millimetres away from my nose.
Several seconds later a man wearing a long coat and a top hat stood in the middle of the hall. Since I was frozen on the spot, he ran to me and clamped a tissue wet with chloroform. I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I was in a room, which was really empty. I tried moving my hands but they were tied together with a thin piece of rope. I got really excited because of two reasons:
1. This was the first time in my life I was kidnapped.
2. I could rip the rope and exit through somewhere.
Anyway the person (or killer) came back. He took his hat and coat off and I realised he was Gary. Gary was my mum’s best friend, he proposed to her but she rejected him. Now he seeks revenge. He checked my rope and figured out it was really thin so he went to another room to grab some more. The minute he was gone, I ripped the rope and jumped out of the window. I know what you’re thinking. Who would jump out of a window? Well luckily I was on the first storey and I landed on some soft flowers.
As I sat up on the flowers, I realised how wrong it is to be mean.
I ran to my school and blurted out everything to my teacher. She didn’t believe me (typical).
At lunch I saw some kids who didn’t have any food so I gave them all of my food. My enemy saw this.
“You’ve changed” she said and patted me on the shoulder. She asked to be my friend and I said yes.
Yes it’s great. I got a friend (first one in my life. Yep that’s how mean I was), but the real question still lies unanswered…
Why did Gary kidnap me?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!