I Have Given My Heart, Darling

Sarah is the daughter of Priest Michell, renowned proponent of London’s classical music, living in the main street in London. Sarah has been brought up with more freedom and education than her siblings, as she is the most beloved of Priest Michell.
Into this carefree life enters Sam, a boy of Indo-Italian parentage who wants to learn London’s classical music from Priest Michell. Sam stays with the Michell family, and Sarah is asked to vacate her room to give the guest the nicest room in the manor. Sarah takes a dislike to Sam and the two keep playing pranks on each other, but soon realise they are in love. Their love blossoms in the Michell household around weddings, festivals and family get-togethers.
One day the pair are caught rehearsing their wedding vows and dreaming of their future together by Priest Michell, who becomes furious with them. He has already planned Sarah's wedding. Sam is kicked out of the house and asked never to contact Sarah again. Sam does not leave London immediately. He stays in town and writes letters to Sarah asking her to join him, but his letters do not reach her in time.
Sarah's parents have arranged to get her married to Jake, who had fallen in love with Sarah during her cousin's wedding. On the wedding night, Jake realises that Sarah is not herself and tries to ask her why she is not responding to his love. He asks her for the truth, promising he will help her no matter what. Sarah stays quiet but is later caught reading Sam's letters. Jake is very angry at first as all he had asked was the truth from her.
When he realises that his wife is in love with another man, he shows the ultimate love by taking Sarah to Italy and help her search for Sam, to the initial dislike but eventual approval of his own parents.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!