Warepil

Once a very long time ago when the land was fresh created,
The Chief of the Nuh-rum-bung-goo-tyas, the creators of the land,
Warepil, the mighty warrior,
sat watching his hard workers on his favourite rocky ledge.
Suddenly disaster struck when the workers began to fight.
They fought about how to create the lovely animals we have today.
The spirits were angered so the great Mother Spirit called a meeting,
The spirits came to the conclusion that the river spirits would flood the land.
The very next day as the water rose the workers were drowned,
Poor Warepil sat surrounded by water on his rocky ledge with no way to escape.
The scared young leader begged the spirits to help him.
To Warepil the spirits meant no harm so a Wedge-Tailed Eagle he became,
The mighty Eagle soared toward the heavens thanking the spirits all the while.
As the majestic Warepil flew into the Mother Spirits waiting arms,
The thankful Eagle promised to watch over the land.
It is the keen eye of this mighty Eagle Warepil that keeps us safe today.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!