Bad Luck

I was walking home, when something caught my eye. It was bright and sparkly. I completely lost focus. I stumbled forward and fell flat on my arm. Later that day, my dad took my to the doctor’s surgery. The main room was old and worn out. The doctor took one look at my arm and could tell form how out of shape it was that my arm was broken.

The following day, I went to school, but that was not the worst thing. My bad luck continued during the lunch break; I was sitting at my favourite table in the cafeteria with all my best friends. I reached over to grab a snack off my tray. It was then that I realized my food had gone all mouldy. I let out a humungous scream and ran out of the cafeteria.

The next day, I went to the dentist. He examined my teeth for a while before sending me to the orthodontist. The orthodontist talked to my mum for a very long time. When they returned to the waiting room, I knew something was wrong. I followed them into the orthodontist’s room. When I left I was determined to reverse my bad luck.

Later that day, I sat on my bed staring at the wall. I was thinking about when my bad luck started. I realized it was when I saw the bright, sparkly thing caught my eye. I went back to where I had seen it. When I got there I looked around the area and spotted the bright sparkly object. I walked up to it to get a better look. Once I got closer, I realized that it was a blue disc flying through the air.

I reached out to grab it, but it began talking to me. It said “To reverse your bad luck, take my advice. Walk back to school next Tuesday, then run all the way home.”
“But it is 6km.” I protested.
“RUN HOME!” It yelled.

At the end of the day on Tuesday, I ran home. By the time I got home I was really exhausted. I lay on my bed thinking of a way I could test my luck.

Then, I remembered that my Dad had a ‘Wheel OF Fortune ’ board game. I rushed into the lounge room and grabbed the game off the shelf. I didn’t bother setting up the rest of the game. I just took out the wheel. I spun the wheel and instead of landing on the worst space, I landed on the best space ever. It said ‘You automatically win’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!