Vampires

There were blood stains leading up to my room. I couldn’t help it, I had a thirst for blood. I sucked the life of an innocent rugby player. The bloke was already injured; I just put him out of his misery, I kept telling myself.
Just a few hours ago, I was in a rugby match against the bloke and his team. He ran at me like a charging bull and I knocked him over like a domino. As he laid on the ground he sneered at me ‘’ is that a number on your back or a number plate? You’ve run me over like a truck’’. The smell of blood on his lips crept up my nose and I couldn’t control myself. Now I’m in my room with blood covering my face. The dead body buried in my backyard.
I felt bad for what I did and wanted to change. I knew in my head that many people are dying because of us vampires. I decided to go home to Transylvania which was full of deadly, blood-sucking vampires and convince them not to kill humans. Transylvania is the birth place of all vampires, it has been said that no human being has ever entered and came out alive.
When I arrived, there was a rusty gate left open. I entered the gloomy place. I could hear the wind howling in pain and agony, the trees here are all old and withered with no leaves. ‘’This must be the place’,’ I said to myself confidently. I looked around cautiously and found the main building. Walking through, I could see ancient paintings with eyes staring at me like an eagle eyeing its prey. I reached the end of the hallway and saw ten vampires standing in a line, with one buff guy in the middle. It was the leader of the town. I asked him, ‘’ Instead of killing humans and sucking their blood, can’t we just kill animals?’’
The leader’s laugh was evil ‘’No Way!’’ I continued to argue the issue, but nothing changed. Only now the leader was angry and ordered his nine henchmen to destroy me. I ran as fast as i could out the door. ‘’After him’’, I heard the leader yell. The nine henchmen were fast and soon caught up with me. I was cornered like a rat. I was helpless; i knew i couldn’t take on nine deadly vampires on my own. I accepted defeat and fell to my knees.
The thought of dying frightened me. My legs wobbled like jelly and my heart beat like a rock band in a concert. A henchman rushed to me and stabbed me in the heart. I collapsed in pain and soon after was dead.
A year after my incident, there was a new leader, a female vampire, who decided to introduce a new law. A law that forbid vampires from feeding on humans.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!