Blazer

Excellence Award in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

I closed my eyes and took a deep calming breath. When I opened them I was in Olympus. I was kneeling before the twelve gods of Olympus. I had a bolt in my hands. Zeus stared at the bolt.
"How did you get it?"
I blinked.
I was at school, at my desk, staring blankly at the window. My teacher, Mr Bolter, was teaching Greek myths.
It was time for Maths. The bell rang. Isaac, Tai and me walked over to class. Our teacher, Miss King was murderous.
"You’re late!" she yelled at us. We quickly shuffled to our desks.
"Isaac, what is the answer to 199 divided by 8?"
“I…I….um…”
“Great! You don’t know. Tai?”
“24875.” I clapped silently. Miss King said, “I heard you fell asleep in History class today.”
“Yes, Miss King.”
“Detention!”
I wondered what would happen next. Would I zoom off to Olympus? Detention came. I sat and stared out of the window. I closed my eyes and opened them. I was back in Olympus. But I was huge – standing at least 10 feet. The bolt had grown too.
Zeus said, “Give me the bolt and I”ll grant you one wish.” I gave it to him.
“I wish I was God of Fire.”
“Very well.”
ZAP
I was wearing gold armour with fire on it.
Suddenly, a death black figure walked in. It was Hades.
“Gods, let me return to the World.”
“NO!” I shouted. Hades stared at me.
“A new god?”
“Yes,” said Zeus.
“Tell me what you are god of.”
“I’m God of Fire.”
“I see. Come with me to the Underworld.”
“NO!” I shouted
“Very well.” And he was gone.
Poseidon said, “Blazer, promise that you will never go to the Underworld.” I promised. I blinked. I was in detention. In my maths class.
“Blazer!”
“Yes, Miss.”
“Come here!”
It seemed like there was nowhere to hide.
“Blazer! Do you know how rude it is to sleep in my class?”
“Yes, Miss.”
“Do you know you are a God?”
“No.” My hands blazed with fire.
I pointed at her and said, “Repeat that to anyone and you’re dead.”
“Yes, Blazer.”
I walked into the playground. My uniform turned into my solid gold armour. My hair blazed red. I was in my God form.
When I look back on this day, when I remember, I will remember my last moments as a normal boy. Now I am Blazer, God of Fire. A God of Olympus.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!