Sad Dog

Sad Dog
By Esther Woods
I stood on the beach, and watched the waves crashing into the rocks and my dog barking at the waves, sand blowing in my face and my dog licking her lips.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Holly and my dog is Roxy. Anyway, getting back to the story.. Well I was at the beach and I saw a lump on Roxy's leg, so I called the vet and made an appointment and they said, “it is the 11th September. Ok?”
''Yes,” I said.
The next morning I jumped out of bed and I got Roxy's lead and called her and she jumped on top of me. Quickly Roxy and I jumped in the car and I drove off to the vet’s so they could see what was wrong with Roxy's leg. However!!!! When I was five minutes away from the vet I got stuck in traffic. I was at the lights for four minutes then the lights turned Green for GO! GO! GO! This meant I only had a minute to get to the vet for the appointment.
I got to the vet just in time for him to call me into his room. When I got into the room the vet took a blood sample and when she got it she put it through the computer and the results came through and it showed it was cancer. The vet came out and told me that it was cancer. I started to cry and the vet tried to calm me down. The vet said to me that we could cut it out of her leg. And I said Ok. But what time and date would be ok.
"Sunday 9.30am" the vet said
I replied," Thankyou that will be fine."
"Roxy. Come Here!" I called. So we got in the car and drove to the vet so they could cut the lump off. Roxy and I arrived and sat in the waiting room for twenty minutes then we were called into the operating room.
The vet asked, "are you ready?"
I replied, “yes.” Then said goodbye to Roxy.
It seemed like ages when the vet wheeled Roxy out of the operating room and one of the vets came out and said "Roxy is alright but she has to stay overnight."
“Will she be all right here?" I questioned.
"Yes,” answered the vet in a caring voice.
So I filled out the forms and said goodbye to my darling Roxy. I turned back and looked at Roxy’s little cute puppy eyes. It was so hard to go but when I did leave the first place I visited was the shops to get some dog treats, some dog food and a new dog bowl. When I got home I set it all up so in the morning when I picked up Roxy she would be spoiled.
I looked at the clock and it was 8.0'clock so I went to bed. I woke up when suddenly I heard a knock on my door, I walked over to the door and opened it and there stood the vet and Roxy. I picked up Roxy and gave her a big hug.
After that I said,'' THANK -YOU'' to the vet for taking care of my darling Roxy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!