War Without End

To up to now I have realised that my life has been all about wars. Jelly legs, perplexed eyes, squeaky vocals and images which could have been aliens surrounding me and with tears in my eyes , that day a new character was out in this new, wonderful world and yes this was the moment I was born. I had just started a life of big and long wars, it was a fight with everything with a lot screaming and wiggling of course, but nature gave me mum who made my life a lot easier. Mum assured me, told me off, taught me how to walk, get up on my feet and way more. After a while I had mastered it all. Mission accomplished!
A few years later, there were a bunch of new characters in my life. Family, friends and there came a war of competition with people. A few years later fights had begun with my older brother for games, toys and chocolates. I was also being the centre of attraction, but I guess that’s the perk of being a young kid. A few more years later I was a school kid and I had to start learning alphabets and numbers, make some new friends, have to learn something everyday and compete with my new friends, and so another character was in my life and this time I was fighting study sickness! I had to study a lot but a bit of help from my parents and teachers mixed with my hard work had rescued me from failing to answer a single question. Hurray for me!
Strong winds, pouring rain made me believe that nature was forever the greatest foe I would have to ever face and so another character had taken place in my world. My life was defeated in itself with people, nature and myself being the characters of this life. This trio is a big challenge by itself. In order to survive I had to know how to survive. Even though human wars always end with destruction, can a war against nature ever be won or ended?? I don’t think so. Since the first day humans ever cut down trees, this war with nature is the war without the end, which will only be won when human life will end. Every time we fight Mother Nature, Mother Nature fights back. So really, my life all started since the day I stepped my foot on the battlefield. Some of my life moments have been glorious but other times they have been terrible, but one thing is for sure and that thing is that fights on Earth will never stop so while we are at it we should think if the war we are going to have is really worth it and hopefully you do too!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!