Danny The Xphisosis: Super Species Survivor

My name is sally peer and I live near the beach (hence my last name). One day as I was walking down the pear I saw a fin. Most people would run in fright of a shark, but not me. I lent down and saw that it was a baby dolphin all by himself. I put him into my bike basket and filled it up with water. When I got home I showed my older sister Mia. Since she’s 16 she has a job at a local animal shelter so she was happy when I brang home the baby dolphin. We took dusty (our fish) out of her fish tank and put the baby dolphin inside. The next day I noticed that the dolphin had changed colour, so being worried about its health and safety we took it to the vet. The vet said was that it was fine but also said that it wasn’t a dolphin it was an unidentified species and that they will take it to the authorities straight away. I didn’t like that idea at all so I grabbed the dolphin and ran to the edge of rocky shore on the beach. No one else was there so I sat down next to the rock pool and put the dolphin into the rock pool, after that I went to a nearby bate shop. I bought a few fish for the dolphin. when I got home Mia wasn't there. I found a note saying that she was taken away because she had information of the dolphin. I decided the safest way out was to go to my dads old science lab. when I arrived I scanned around and found the species detector and scanned the dolphin. it turned out it was a xphisosis, a very rare extinct species of dolphin. now that I new what it was I had to go find Mia. I went to the police station and they told me to hand over the dolphin. I made a deal with them. if they realised Mia they could take him to the tourist Zoo if I could work in his plot and be the rightful owner. they agreed and Mia got realised so I now work at the zoo with Danny the xphisosis: super species survivor.
after a couple of years Danny retired and I had a legal right for him to live with me.

THE END
BY ALANA GILBERT

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!