Invaded

3rd in the 'Dream Big 2013' competition

I still remember the day they invaded as if it were yesterday. The Alien’s ships docking and them flooding out. With them they brought disease, illness, pain, and destruction.
The Aliens themselves were so different to my people. They were clueless about the way they treated our land and hopeless when it came to maintaining it. They built tall, immovable structures that they lived in and wore rough, thick clothing. They killed so many of us. Each day the numbers grew. People I had grown up with, who had taught me so much about our history and medicines, their lives ended by the horrible monsters. They hadn’t even tried to talk to us, they just came and decided that we were nothing but pests and slaves. That’s what I hate most about them. That they hadn’t even tried. We might have been kind enough to them to share the land, but seeing them now I realise that that could never happen. They even treat some of their own people as bad as us. They seemed to be like the rest of the Aliens but when they were together there was obviously a line between those who were in charge and all the rest.
They pushed us further and further back as they took our land for themselves. We couldn’t really do anything to stop them, as they stole what was ours. We had no way to fight back. We watched as they destroyed our whole lives and continued to kill more and more of our people. They just kept coming. I have no idea where from, it must be very far away and I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near it.
A few of us tried to fight back, but unfortunately our weapons were no match for theirs. We also didn’t have enough people. We might have if we were all together, but because we’re so spread out there wasn’t much hope for help. They didn’t just kill us with their weapons, the diseases they brought infected us too and because they were new and unheard of none of our medicines worked against them. But they also affected the Aliens because when our spies came back with reports they saw many of them were injured and unwell.
Somehow we managed to continue on. Constantly watching them as they constantly watched us. But every day we saw the signs of them. Smoke from their fires; filling the air and sometimes even the loud voices of the scouts they sent to check out the area. The animals they brought spread almost as fast as the diseases and everywhere we went we could see signs of their presence. In a way the invaders were doing the same, spreading throughout our country and by the time we realised it, we were already too late.
The beasts had spread, and we were no longer Gundungurra, but Aboriginals.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!