Daniels Story

It was a cold, dark night. I woke up in my bed, feeling thirsty. As I awoke, I heard the grandfather clock downstairs slowly strike midnight. BONG. I didn’t want to get out of bed, but I was so thirsty I couldn’t’ get back to sleep. BONG. My bed was warm and comfy, but I had to leave it to go downstairs to the sink. BONG. The sound of the clock echoed through the house. BONG. It was so freezing cold I had goose bumps on my goose bumps! BONG.
I was still half asleep as I got out of bed and went down the stairs to get a drink. BONG.
I heard a noise to my left and saw a shadow on the wall. BONG. I looked, but there was nothing there. BONG. The blue light from the water filter gave an eerie glow. The gurgle of the water filling the cup barely drowned out the sound of my father snoring in the next room. BONG. With my thirst quenched, I began the journey back to my bed.
I shivered as I started climbing up the stairs to the room at the top. When I stood on the third step, it made a weird creaking noise. BONG. I stopped and waited, wondering if anyone else heard the noise. BONG. All was silent, except for the clock. BONG. I continued to climb the stairs. I had to be careful as there were many things lying on the stairs that could hurt me. BONG. My brother had left his Lego and marbles lying around. I began the slow journey through the minefield of treasures. I knew warmth and comfort awaited me in my bed. BONG. After I took two large steps I jumped the rest of the way and landed on my bed. BONG. I was safe! I went back to sleep, happy.
After I had fallen asleep, all the monsters and creepy-crawlies that had been scared by the noise I made coming down the stairs crept out from their hiding places and got on with their mysterious deeds.
In the morning, I told my Dad to get the clock fixed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!