Glad To Be Me

When I woke up on a gloriously glowing, sunny day
There’s not a single person I would have rather been
But, as I reached for my glasses, I wished I could wear contacts like my fashionable friends
But, as I ate my breakfast, I wished I could have eaten chocolate like my food-loving friends.

But, as I drove to school, I wished I could have a car like my peers.
But, as I heaved my heavy bag over my back, I wished I had less work like the grade eights.
But, as I slumped at my desk, I wished I could have free time like the stylish seniors.
But, as I ate my lunch, I wished I could buy junk food from the tuckshop like my money mates.

And it was then I realised something I hadn't noticed before.
Contacts are so slimy and slipper, they’re impossible to put in.
My breakfast was healthy and I liked it that way.
My classmates with cars were practically broke now,
And if I were in grade eight, I still would have five years to go!
The stylish seniors had a tonnes of work, and their free time was actually study time.
And the junk food was always out of stock anyways.
So, when I went to bed, my eyes fluttering closed, I realised just then, I was glad whom I was.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!