Never Lonely Again

The last time she had a smile on her face and a warm feeling in her tummy was when she was with him. The happy days, that was a long time ago. When he died, so did her smile and happiness.

The coarse concrete felt right on the sole of her feet. The icy wind blowing against her delicate skin gave her goose bumps. The way her hands lightly touched the rough outside of the skyscraper was magical. This was the closest she had ever been to her lover since the funeral. The feeling of having half of her foot hanging off the windowsill pumped adrenalin through her blood. She was so close to him she could feel his warmth, the warmth that she missed and craved for so long.
For once in a long time she held a smile on her face. She was no longer going to be in a world where no one understood her pain and longing to be with him. Her heart was pounding, blood circulating her body with motivation. Her hair was a wild mess; she looked down at the empty world for the last time.
She took a slow and gentle breath in and closed her eyes. Then she did the last thing she would ever do.
She jumped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!